We at Little Legends Pre and Primary School believe that learning should be fun in order to be successful. When children are provided a safe environment and given the opportunity to learn through self-initiated and teacher directed activities in small and large groups, they learn through experimentation, inquiry and exploration by actively discovering concepts at their own pace. Our programs support the child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth and encourage the continued growth and education of families and staff.
Little Legends Pre and Primary School is a Zambian run and based daycare, pre and primary school striving to provide the most excellent care and education to the children of Lusaka. Our goals are threefold:
- Our daycare goal is to alleviate the stress of parents searching tirelessly for care for their children both before school age and after school age. We understand that when a new mother has a baby, you are torn between providing for the family, going back to work and taking care of your baby. With Little Legends, you no longer have to worry about where your baby will be until you get back from work because we provide excellent care for children from the age of 14 months to 2 year olds.
- Our pre-school goal is to create a program that takes care of your 3-5 year olds by providing each preschooler with the best opportunities for a solid foundation at their academic career. Everything we do in this area pushes towards that. Our curriculum and activities create a well-balanced combination between classroom learning and hands on experience which brings their academics to life.
- Our primary goal is to provide a friendly, encouraging and very secure environment for all our primary students (6-12). We work hard to instill excellence, honor, respect and compassion into our students and consider them vital in preparing our students to be hard working, community minded citizens of the future.
Our mission of providing exceptional childcare and education at an international level for a local affordable price is met by a variety of activities creating an open, fun environment that is not only inviting and child stimulating, but creative, safe and affordable.
With our experienced and well-trained staff ready to go, the school is open bright and early from 06:30 and runs throughout the day until 17:30, Monday through Friday. We operate throughout the year for our daycare clients who work and have no other safe childcare alternatives. Our preschool and primary divisions operate on a termly calendar with terms beginning in January, May and September.
Little Legends is currently located in Roma along Kasangula Road and in Chelstone, off Acacia Road. Along with classrooms, swimming pool and outdoor activity area, the center also boasts an on-site kitchen. Our cook serves a variety of nutritious meals for our daycare and preschool students, which meet strict criteria daily. Meals are served family style in the dining areas with breakfast served at 07:30hrs, lunch at 12:30hrs and afternoon snack served at 15:30hrs. As a school we take pride in ensuring that all our children are well fed allowing them to grow and develop at a healthy rate. This is also seen in our strict approach to snacks brought tin from home, as all parents are made well aware of our “approved” snack list with restricts junk food and teaches students the power of healthy eating for both the body and mind. In addition to healthy eating habits, part of their development involves our children developing good sleeping habits. To ensure this, a supervised nap on a cot provides a chance to rest up for the afternoon’s activities for all our daycare and lower preschool students.
Little Legends is committed to providing international care and education at a local price.
LLPP Strives To
- Create a healthy, safe, and welcoming center
- Provide indoor and outdoor learning environments that are developmentally appropriate and encourage children’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
- Respect cultural differences and similarities and as well gender equality.
- Promote open communication between parents and teachers to maintain consistency between home and the center.
- Employ qualified, motivated and diverse staff who put children first.
- Take a leadership role in issues of early learning, childcare and education.